Sunday, September 28, 2008

Favorite places

What a drizzly, dreary weekend it has been! I decided to shoot at one of my favorite places as a child...the tiny Glen Cemetary. I used to go there just to think and for the peace and quiet and I loved the old grave stones. Again, couldn't make up my mind so there are three:

In this picture I was trying to layer using the stone and a large beautiful tree with rough bark:

Here, I was taking shots from under an evergreen and I kind of like the out of focus stones in the background:
Last one: Again, an interesting tree and old cross tombstone
This is a lot of fun so far:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is there about us, HB? I used to spend time in that cemetery, too - lots of it! In fact, I'm pretty sure that "old cross tombstone" belongs to my great- and great-great-grandparents.

Framing Images and Memories said...

Very nice images. I love the one looking through the branches with the cemetery in the background. I too love cemeteries. Are we odd?
Great Job!

trishalyn said...

I'm enjoying your photos! The image of the evergreen branches really caught my eye on this posting...the DOF was great!

Blog Archive