Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Agents of Change

My favorite quote ever has to be Ghandi's "Be the change you wish to see in the world". I was thrilled when student council decided to adopt this slogan for our new tshirt design. So today, I wasn't really thinking all that much when shooting these pictures from the annual food drive. But then, looking back, I saw this picture with the food and the slogan all at once:
I wonder if these kids realize the importance of what they are doing with their lives now. I wonder if they know that their efforts and help in gathering food and supplies for the less fortunate are helping to do just what the slogan says: change the world. I've always been a firm believer in change happening from within. We can't change our world unless we change ourselves. I've also been a firm believer in the fact that sometimes I might be the Bible a person sees in their day. I try to live my life that way, showing the love of God through what I am doing. But today, I was the one being shown love through a bunch of middle school kids working together to help others. They're not flashy or clever or even particularly good, but today, I feel like I've accomplished something with my photos. I'm showing the world that just a little bit of good goes a long way.




4 comments:

Linda said...

Well, I certainly believe in "god-incidences". Wait till you see my blog today, Jayme. I had this idea this morning--actually when I woke up, even before getting out of bed, the wheels were turning, "What will I post today", when I got this idea. So, I'm definitely in agreement with your sentiments, and nice photos to go along with them.

Framing Images and Memories said...

Excellent job in many ways Jayme. I love that quote!! May I adopt it as one of my favorite quotes? Your photos, effort and accomplishments are very worthy.
Nice work!

Bridget said...

beautiful thoughts from a beautiful person!

trishalyn said...

I really love that quote, too, Jayme! I couldn't hear the conversation with your students this morning, but I could see the wonderful interaction between them and you. You are such a special person...making a difference by touching so many lives. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and images from yesterday.

Blog Archive