Saturday, November 1, 2008

Kids, don't try this at home!

I tried to catch the sunset tonight, driving up route 67 to where there are some open Amish fields, but it wasn't to be. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, too late to capture the glory of a chilly evening's end. Driving back home, I decided to experiment with aperature and composition. It is now at this critical juncture in my blog that I will be woman enough to admit...my camera tactics were risky and might I even say dangerous. I've had too many run-ins with deer at this time of year to be the slightest bit inattentive at the wheel. However, the thrill of the photog was corsing through my veins and I could hear Trish's encouraging voice in my head: "Go for it, Jayme! Put yourself out on a limb!" So, in the full spirit of all things artisic, I began by shooting scenes through my side mirrors and came up with these ones:








From there, I set the camera at the highest aperture setting and drifted pleasantly home on a series of straight aways far from the deer packed sideroads and closer to my safe, non-antlered street of home sweet home.


Well, I've made it back in one piece. I want to try this again sometime soon:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're home safe. Don't let your mother read this!

Framing Images and Memories said...

You had some fun with the camera today and it shows! Very cool images. I bought a new "toy" for my camera. I'll tell you Monday.
Nice job on your images and thanks for you dedication to commenting on mine.

Bridget said...

very clever,very cool pix.
i commend your bravery with the techno side of it all.

Linda said...

Good images, but you're right--that was pretty dangerous. I can totally relate to your efforts though. Maybe next time you can have someone else drive and you do the photography! We need you to be around for our next meeting.

trishalyn said...

Glad I was in your head to encourage you...ha! I've tried to photograph the side-view mirror, too...but as a passenger! Yours came out WAY better than mine...hmmm...maybe I should try your method. Just kidding...too dangerous for me! Loved your creativity and spirit, Jayme...cool photos!!!

Doug P. Baker said...

They turned out amazingly well! Risky, but it looks like you had fun!

Blog Archive