Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pink

I'm stumped for ideas today so I have two posts. The first one was actually from yesterday and attracted me because I liked the sunlight streaming into my apartment. The second one is part of the skirt fabric I wore to Judy's funeral today. Judy loved pink and one of my favorite memories is when she first was going for chemo. She knew she would probably lose her hair so she dyed it hot pink before chemo. As a show of support, several of us from the church began to wear pink, my mom even going as far as dying her entire head pink! I just dyed one strand pink and it stayed in my hair for almost a year before finally fading away. The church also had wrist bands designed that say, "Galatians 6:2" which reads, "Bear one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ". It was our way of saying we support you and love you Judy.
Now that Judy is home with her Savior, there is still sadness and hurt in the midst of her absence. But looking at the pink items I am now surrounded with, I remember her spirit and her willingness to love those around her. She truly was the bravest person I have ever known and I'll continue to see that color and remember my dear friend and the great and victorious race that she ran in life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, HB. Just lovely.

Linda said...

Great post, Jayme. No other words would be appropriate.

trishalyn said...

Beautiful, Jayme...and I hope your memories bring you much comfort in the days to come.

Framing Images and Memories said...

Shadow and light pictures are cool, I like the first image. Wishing you comfort in your memories soon.

Bridget said...

well done.
your own beautiful spirit is very evident.

Blog Archive