Friday, December 12, 2008

Tranquility

With the whole day ahead of me, I started spending a bit more time than I've lately been spending with the photography. This snow day was desperately needed for rest and also to release the death grip of stress I have been creating for myself. I happily shoveled the steps and sidewalk, feeling little bits of freezing rain try to penetrate my winter gear. I then went back upstairs and looked for a more lively picture than just the dirty snow and ice covering my block. Every snow and ice picture was turning out grungy and I wanted something to show the peace and tranquility I was feeling. Here's what I came up with:









































































Amazingly, it started snowing big fluffy flakes of snow as I began to shoot, which made the discarded mitten look perfect in my opinion! I decided to celebrate by curling up in my recliner with a good book and a blanket...and promptly feel asleep!

5 comments:

Linda said...

I love the mitten. I'm soooo glad you all got to stay home today. I was really worried that Fonda wouldn't declare a snow day. Enjoy the rest of your "tranquile" day.

Bridget said...

i also loved the mitten.
sonds like you enjoyed your much needed snow day.

Framing Images and Memories said...

Happy Snow-Day!! Yippie!! I really like the mitten picture and the window pic has a nice look to it as well...and course I love any picture with an American Flag!

trishalyn said...

I LOVE the mitten image!!! You can even see every snow crystal stuck to it. Sure wish I had thought of it. :-) Looks like we all enjoyed our Snow Day! (May many more be in our future).

philmary said...

Are snow days better in the middle of the week or on Fridays?

Blog Archive