Friday, January 30, 2009

Totally stole the idea


Okay, I actually saw a picture like this last week online, but it sort of represents how I am feeling at the moment. I love teaching, despite the fact that today was a really rough teaching day. Had to throw a kid out of class, which always stinks. I am also dealing with the stresses of the budget. Talks about cuts have been going on since the beginning of the year, but today, I really got the sense that people might lose their positions. I mean, it just suddenly became very real to me that I might be in danger of losing Fonda, a place I have treasured the past few years. And losing a job...well, of course there is always the possibility of teaching elsewhere. But I really don't want to be anywhere else. I love my school, my kids, the possibilities of their futures, and walking those halls so full of life each day. So I'm being a copycat in my picture, but not in my sentiments. I hope that I can stay where I am and have a future here and I hope that other people in our country that have lost their jobs can find some comfort with their loved ones and can find new jobs and new futures.
”‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. " Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

Bridget said...

i don't care if you did steal it.
i love it.
i do hope your worries are for naught.
it is a trying time.

Framing Images and Memories said...

I too love this image. Very creative..and isn't most art stolen? I wasn't aware of your feelings of job loss and the rumors you may have heard. Need to ride these times out and don't buy into gossip..>I know it's hard.
Nice image Jayme!

trishalyn said...

These are clever and great images, Jayme...the 2nd one is my favorite. There is nothing wrong with emulating other artists and/or artwork. It is an exercise that is fun and rewarding (I did it with Barbara Kruger's images). On a personal note, please do not buy into the rumor mill. Erroneous stories spread like wildfire in that building. Worry will only cause you stress and have a negative impact on your health. REMEMBER TO KEEP THE FAITH! (OK...I'm done with my little mothering message!) :-)

Blog Archive