Friday, April 17, 2009

Continued post from Thursday

***Please go down and see my Thursday post before reading this***
Yesterday was a wonderful day of sights, sunlight, laughter, and companionship. The post for the day (found below) shows a Greco-Roman statue at the Metropolitan Museum of Art that I just was intrigued by. The main subject of the statue seemed to be in a state of despair. I really related to the statue. I was amazed by the tension in the statue's legs, feet, and back (all evident from my photos). I was fascinated by the sculptured contours of the statue's spine. So perfect, so beautiful, and yet so sad, the human body perpetually trapped in rigidity and sinuous struggle.

That's why yesterday was so great for me. I felt the tension disappear for once and felt free. I felt happy and content and somehow amazed at how much I have actually been given in life and at how much beauty surrounds me. I hope you liked the statue. More photos to follow today's actual post which I will do later on:)

No comments:

Blog Archive