Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My mortal enemies





Within these frosty little bottles are my mortal enemies. Little soldiers that singularly torment me. Bits and pieces of all of the many things I am allergic to. Cats, weeds of all sorts, at least three types of trees, several types of food, you name it. Every two weeks, I'm injected with these little vials of liquid so that I can become stronger. It has taken me three years to get up to maintenance level which means I am now injecting the strongest doses possible. What does that mean? It means I can be outside now without having an asthma attack. It means I can pet a cat without suffering mortal agony. It means life and freedom and above all, it means I can take a deep breath! How grateful I am for my mortal enemies!

2 Corinthians 12:10 (New International Version)
10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

6 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

Good for you for tackling a medical issue. I'm a big fan of defeating medical problems!! Live Free!! Run through the streets! Celebrate wildly..just keep it legal! ha

Unknown said...

nice pic glad to hear that you can go outside, and pet a cat, and such. Anyway glad to hear that you can breath.

Linda said...

It was really gracious of God to give mere man the wisdom and skill to develop these "cures". Our quality of life is so much better because of them. Breathing is awesome, glad it's getting easier for you.

philmary said...

Med issues are ever present and consuming..Like you said there is progress toward freedom with a simple routine

trishalyn said...

I'm so glad you are getting stronger and able to breathe again! Hooray for modern medicine!
:-)

Bridget said...

your enemies are my friends if they make you feel so good.

Blog Archive