Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The storm chaser


When we were teenagers, my brother Michael became obsessed with storms and weather. He would record weather data at home and send it in to local news stations. He would happily bound out the door at the first sign of threatening weather. Today's thunder and clouds approaching reminded me of his enthusiasm for severe weather and how he would chase the storms every chance he had. I am not that brave however! I huddled partially under the garage waiting for maybe a lightning strike picture, but alas, the chicken that I am, (not to mention the copious amounts of metal that surrounded me), I ducked inside!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

nice job of showing the before and after. keep up the great work.

Linda said...

When I was on my way home from Troy today, I saw that ominous cloud and thought it would be cool to try and capture the drama of it. Of course, I didn't, but you did. Nice job. The last image is beautiful--love the light and I think what really makes it, for me, is the object (an overturned wagon, maybe?) in the lower left of the image.

Framing Images and Memories said...

Your writing and your brother's obsession is just like the movie "Twister". Of course there is a Stevie Nicks song on the soundtrack. Her song is named "Twister" and it can be heard in the movie...oh..I digress, nice photos!

Bridget said...

the last landscape is a beauty.
the first sky scares me!

philmary said...

You are so far out with your work ..That used to have a good conotation in my time

Looks again like a beautiful sky horizon with few colors as possible..but Wow , storm on the horizon

trishalyn said...

Love the dramatic sky you captured in image #1! My favorite, though, is the last image...it's really beautiful!!! Linda is right...the object in the lower LH corner is the element that makes this image "GREAT" vs. "GOOD"! I don't believe it's an overturned wagon (I could not enlarge)...but it appears to be a couple of those large, wooden "spools" one sees on a farm. The lighting and colors in that photo are terrific, too. Great job, Jayme!!!

Unknown said...

nice job i like the last pic

Blog Archive