Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Honoring two special men

Today's post is to honor two special men in my life: My stepfather, John and my little brother, Jonathan. Jonathan is currently serving in the Marine Corps in North Carolina. He is waiting to be placed in the special school where he will learn his military job skills. John served in the United States Army in Vietnam. While I am honoring them for their chosen service to our country, I'm also honoring them as the men that they are. Both are caring, determined, and protective of their families and loved ones. Both are willing to give of themselves for others. And without both of them, I wouldn't be the person I am. I sewed these patches myself onto my camera bag so that every time I reach for my camera I will be reminded of the sacrifices of those in the service and of these two men who have greatly impacted my life and so many others!

6 comments:

Mrs. Sykes said...

This made me cry. I am so proud of Jonathan and am so grateful of everything John has done. Both are extremely amazing men.

Bridget said...

how wonderful that you can appreciate the power of their goodness in you life.
lucky you.
lucky them:)

trishalyn said...

Beautiful tribute, Jayme! The love you feel for your family is obvious. As Bridget said...lucky you...lucky them!!! :-)

Framing Images and Memories said...

It is comforting to have such supportive and strong members of a family, isn't it. Very nice dedication to the men.

Zezee's View said...

I agree with Trish - this is a beautiful tribute! Very nice.

Linda said...

I agree with all the previous comments. How clever to have sewn the patches on your camera bag--combining your tribute to the men with your passion for photography. Nice thinking.

Blog Archive