Friday, October 3, 2008

A cure for all ills...FALL

Despite feeling poosley all day, I forced myself to get out into the open autumn air which, by the way, feels just splendid when you've got a fever of 101! Anyway, the leaves haven't quite gotten pretty enough where I wanted to shoot today. But the fall flowers and lighting were perfect at Myer's Park in Gloversville. I was experimenting with focus and depth and what I really liked about these pictures is the shadows of the flower stems. The camera kept wanting to add light, but I won't let it! The result was some darker, shadowy pictures that I really liked. Plus the colors of the flowers (or weeds?) was so vibrant.




Would have been really cool to have a person be sitting on that bench in the background but I couldn't find any volunteers!

2 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

A person on the bench would have been cool! Of course he/she may have been frightened of you stalking! Depth of field is tricky and you have done well with the concept several times already! You are going to be a great addition to our club!

trishalyn said...

The colorful flowers really stand out against the dark background. Good job on being the master of your camera, Jayme. I hope you feel better!

Blog Archive