Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just when I think I can't...

...I find that I can:) Wasn't sure what to take a picture of today. I'm too pooped out to go trapsing around town and I thought I had shot everything interesting in my house. Suddenly, my eyes caught the leaves of a wandering jew plant (not sure if that is what it's really called, but that's what my cousin told me!) lounging on the window sill. Just behind it were some amazing clouds beckoning to me. So, it ain't perfect, but there it is. Day 16...definitely stretching me as a photographer, if I can call myself that!




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely photos.

Linda said...

Really nice Jaymie. I especially like the middle one, where the leaves are sharp and part of the blue bottle is showing. That anchors the plant so it doesn't look like it's floating in air. Also, a nice touch of color. Good job.

Framing Images and Memories said...

Really cool image. I agree with Linda that my favorite is the one with the jar. The vibrant blue of the jar, the clouds, and the plant really make a nice combination.

trishalyn said...

I agree with both Linda and Steve about the blue jar - its beautiful color reeled me in! However, I love the shape of the plants in the first image the best. Is there any way that you can get the jar into the corner of the frame, but keep the same shape as the plant in image #1? (I know Photoshop people could do it...ha!). Nice job, Jayme!!!

trishalyn said...

P.S. I meant to tell you...I like how you focused on the clouds in the last image. Even though I usually prefer the focused item to be in the foreground, I'm glad you tried it!

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm partial to the blue, too, HB. And ... you've gotta check out the ones I put up today. The second one might be my best ever.

http://akagaga.blogspot.com/2008/10/up-close-and-personal.html

Blog Archive