Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey coma r us


What a massive turkey coma I am having :) But it is also nice to spend a day in joyful sluggishness. I never get a chance to get engrossed in a book these days, so my picture today is of two I am reading. Saga I finished yesterday after only 2 days of reading. It is a science fiction novel about a game that humans clip into...only to find that the game is not really a game but another world. Very interesting and I had already read the first book, Epic. Not a bad read. The second one is Inkheart and I am reading it because the movie is coming out in January and I might take my 7th graders to go see it. It is a fantasy novel about a man and his daughter. The man has the power to read characters out of a book. They actually come to life more or less. I'm not awfully impressed with this one; the idea is a good one, but the writing is sort of all over the place in my opinion. It isn't believable in the sense that the plot is weak. Either way, reading and relaxing is so nice right now. Maybe, just maybe...I'll get to work on my own book later today or tomorrow :)

3 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

Fun pictures! Imagine the day when we take a picture of your book cover! Nice job!

Bridget said...

ii don't know how you did it but it is cool.
it sounds like you made very good use of your turkey coma.
good day to stay in and read.

trishalyn said...

I was thinking the same thing as Steve! Very pretty abstract, Jayme. I love to lose myself in a good book, so let me know when you finish writing yours!

Blog Archive