Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Midas touch

Remember that story about King Midas? Well, I was turning some things into gold myself today! My 7th and 8th graders are currently building worlds using a software design program and descriptive writing skills. We just finished the novel about a secret underground civilization where writers have the power to make the worlds of their imaginations come alive! At Friday's closing program, they will present their worlds and the staff will decide who receives 3rd place, 2nd place, and the grand prize golden World Master Trophy (which I making right now!) While using some gold spray paint outside, I enjoyed the effect of the paint on the grass and got this picture:
The gold part in the right and top is the trophy while at the bottom I added a slight reflection filter for interest.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

i looks like a layered concoction.
nice colors and textures.

Linda said...

Without your explanation, it would have been quite the abstract. It still is a little, even knowing what it is. Pretty interesting.

Unknown said...

great job very creative.

trishalyn said...

Cool abstract, Jayme! Bridget is right...it does look like a layered concoction of something. Thanks for the explanation, too. I wish I'd had a teacher like you!!! :-)
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Blog Archive