Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Gathering of His Body 2009



Went to The Gathering of His Body in Amsterdam at the Riverlink Park in Amsterdam today. It's an all day praise and worship festival with many local and regional bands. It was a great time to just sit on the park bench and worship. You may recognize some faces from this shot.
And yes, the faces are purposely out of focus. I was actually focusing on the microphones.
I didn't take a lot of pictures. Number one it was kind of rainy and number two, I didn't want my focus to be on finding great pictures, but on God.

5 comments:

Zezee's View said...

Great photos! The second photo has a peaceful feeling to it, so is very appropriate for the day. Good job and I really wish I could have been there.

trishalyn said...

I love how you focused on the colorful microphones with the people being slightly out of focus. It made me think...I wonder if an even shallower DOF would have worked? Maybe not...but it would be interesting to try it and compare the two. Hmmm...maybe a Thursday assignment sometime? :-)

I love the 2nd image, too...with the lamp surrounded by greenery with just a touch of fall evident by the sprinkle of colored leaves. This one made me think, too. With your Photoshop powers....could you clone the leaves to hide the speaker in the upper LH corner? I would love to see the lamp completely surrounded by greenery.

Gee...it's awfully early for me to be thinking so much! :-)

BTW...I recognized 3 of the singers!!! :-)

Framing Images and Memories said...

I recognize someone in there..another ELA teacher. I like the singers out of focus, good decision.

philmary said...

Microphones in focus vs beings is interesting idea. There seems to be a opportunity to have precise points of focus which can be used to throw forward from the less destinct singers..It is usually the other way around

Bridget said...

love the first image with the microphones in focus!
very creative.
i didn't recognize anyone:(

Blog Archive