Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pretty in Bronze


While mowing the lawn this afternoon, I got a good look at an apple tree that Mike had trimmed a bit last week. For the first time, I could see how beautifully bronze the tree limbs were, especially set against the green leaves and changing colors of fall. I added a soft focus filter to get this look. Incidently, I have recently stopped shooting in JPEG and now shoot completely in RAW format. After doing some research and trying it out, I've discovered I get a much better image in RAW and editing is much easier (i.e. the data I get is much richer and easier to adjust). What do you shoot in?
p/s I began this challenge on September 27th, 2008...that means I have two weeks left, only 14 more posts!!!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Zezee's View said...

Love the color in this image! I was just having a conversation this week about shooting in RAW - I have tried a little bit (still experimenting).

Framing Images and Memories said...

I see a lesson on shooting RAW in the future! When we share with others we feel good!

trishalyn said...

The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this image, is "pretzels in a salad!" Then I read your post and boy, do I feel foolish! :-)

Good for you for shooting in RAW! I've always wanted to try it.

philmary said...

I use Picasa ..but don't know what RAW is ..I was thinking carrots in a salad..Those must be new growth? I rsmember apple trees as grey.

Bridget said...

cool image.
i was thinking like phil....carrots:)
i have been thinking about RAW also.
i am doing a wedding with a friend and he is all about RAW.

Blog Archive