Sunday, May 2, 2010

Adirondack Cemetery

I had a wonderful evening Saturday playing with Mike's two youngest daughters and a one of their friends. When was the last time you got to be part of an ancient tribe, play by a rippling creek, and tell ghost stories around a fire? :)
On the way to the cabin, I spotted a small cemetery with beautiful wild purple flowers growing among the tombstones. I went back today to get these shots. Also the last shot is a picture of one of my plum trees in blossom.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Ooooh, I love the first shot. The juxtaposition of the delicate flowers and the tombstone with partial letters is wonderful. It could be, too, that one of my favorite color combinations (since I was a young child) is pink and gray).

Yeah, it's time to start looking for the details again.

Love the last one too. Just for fun, try cropping it to a square and eliminate the green leaf. It's really beautiful that way.

Bridget said...

lovely!
esp the first shot.
the plum tree blossom is just beautiful.
sounds like you had a happy time to go along with your images.

trishalyn said...

These are beautiful, Jayme!!! I love the dreamy effect of your lovely plum tree blossoms...gorgeous image!!! I really love that first photo, too...the beautiful pink flowers, full of life against the old tombstone...and the faded etching on the stone adds a key element to this great composition. The 2nd image is lovely as well...the purple flowers surrounding the old, broken tombstones...nice! Wonderful posting!!!

Framing Images and Memories said...

What else is there to say about this nice series of images? They are all strong photos. My favorite is photo two..funny how we all pick a different one. Im a fan of cemeteries and I like the ground flowers surrounding the stones.

Unknown said...

I must agree with everyone they are great pics my favorite is the second pic. I guess I share similar likings with Steve. Keep up the great work.

Blog Archive